The Carers Group is a support group that is was created because family, friends and partners told local services that they needed a non-judgemental place to talk freely, where they can feel less alone.
- The support group is only for carers of partners, family or friends with a dependency on drugs and/or alcohol
- The group offers a place to talk and share, to learn from the advice and different experiences of others living with this challenge
- Information and advice can be from the practical to the psychological issues encountered
- Members of the group are respectful of the need for empathy and confidentiality so that it is a safe place to talk
Some of the things explored are:How to deal with rehabilitation or stopping?
- What is detox?
- Understanding addiction better?
- How to cope with my emotions, guilt, anger, frustration etc…?
- What do I need to do to keep myself well?
- Coping with anxiety related to the dangers of addiction?
- Who needs to know?